City of Norcross Police Department
Jun 2007 – Aug 2011
Norcross, GA, USA
- Operated autonomously as a self-initiated patrol officer, enforcing traffic laws, and responding to dispatched calls that ranged from assisting citizens to high-stress crimes in progress.
- Composed detailed quality reports of incidents and testified to those events in open court.
- Responded to high risk calls and served high risk warrants as a member of the special weapons and tactics (S.W.A.T.) team.
- Worked successfully in a high-stress team environment and provided leadership to new recruits.
- Attended more than 733 hours of job-specific training including trainings on diversity, ethics and integrity.
- Employee of the Month in both 2008 and 2009.
- Received a merit from Mothers Against Drunk Driving (M.A.D.D.) for driving under the influence (DUI) prevention in 2009 and 2010, as well as having had the most DUI arrests in the department in 2009.