Marketing | Business Development
Delivering quantifiable solutions through innovative thinking.
While successfully overcoming challenges in dynamic, fast-paced environments, I have excelled and proven myself an asset within various domains.
As a natural leader, I have helped achieve business growth through the fostering of strategic partnerships, increased sales, managing and training sales teams.
I have been instrumental in developing better business practices, including creating operating procedure content and streamlining training modules to increase onboarding efficiency, productivity, and output.
Dawson Van Orden, Inc (DVO)
May 2015 – Present
Location: Austin, TX; Houston, TX; Denver, CO
- Manage the marketing budget for a multi-million dollar engineering firm.
- Facilitate the establishment and growth of engineering offices into new markets outside of the Houston, Texas region.
- Develop and launch a modern and cohesive brand identity for the existing firm to demonstrate the unified expansion to new markets.
- Champion the use and implementation of CRM and Deltek Ajera accounting and project management software.
- Created internal software training materials, the handbook of operating procedures, as well as presentation information for employee training sessions.
- Responsible for market research and industry outreach in new markets.
- Handled business development responsibilities in multiple markets.
- Canvassing and prospecting new markets to build professional relationships and generate new business.
- Create and manage all marketing campaigns for both online promotion and direct mail.
- Designed physical marketing collateral; business cards, flyers, letterhead, etc.
- Generated stand alone proposals, as well as supplements to partner’s proposals.
- Oversee company website and responsible for updating social media pages.
- Manage the logistics and operations of trade show exhibitions nationally.
- Direct all internal and external events in multiple regions.
- Worked with multiple chapters of the American Institute of Architects to increase brand awareness.
Kingspan Insulated Panels Australia
Jan 2015 – Apr 2015
- Presented product information to architects, specifiers and building managers with the aim of promoting the sale and use of Kingspan Insulated Panels.
- Conducted technical presentations for roofing and cladding contractors including builders, architects, and developers, focusing on the range of Kingspan’s products that would fit within the builders design.
icatchers Exhibitions and Displays
Sep 2014 – Jan 2015
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
- Strategized and implemented campaigns to help extend the reach of an established national business which specialized in custom exhibition displays.
- Established customer relationship management processes that could be shared across teams to help deliver outstanding customer service.
- Built a client database to track new clients and increase retention.
Big Ass Fans
Jul 2012 – Jun 2014
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
- Launched Haiku product in Australia in 2012 and drove new product sales to over $3 million in 2013.
- Leader in company sales for the Haiku product and consistently averaged 20% of total company sales for multiple quarters.
- Top BAF Australia sales person in 2013.
- Utilized and implemented a disciplined sales process as part of the Salesforce.com CRM package.
- Developed an efficient sales process for use specifically across the Asia Pacific region which included writing technical manuals, creating presentations and developing the in-house training.
- Provided mentorship and training to new employees through sales training and development modules as well as coaching new employees in sales techniques.
- Reviewed design and building plans with professionals and consulted on the installation of products.
- Presented AIA accredited continuing professional development courses.
- Instrumental in building and maintaining relationships with key national and international clients.
- Lead the sales team by monitoring sales targets and training new staff in best practice techniques to increase overall team sales.
- Represented BAF at national and international trade shows and mentored and coach sales teams at shows.
- Assisted in developing strategies for refining retail showrooms across Australian operations, including sales and lead generation, branding consistency, and improving customer service experiences.
- Developed training for show room staff to generate more leads and sales, to create more efficient processes, and to enable staff to perform autonomously.
Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia
Oct 2011 – Apr 2012 Employment
Bowen Hills, QLD, Australia
- Managed communications channels across departments and implemented effective communication strategies to enhance productivity.
- Acted as a liaison between RFDS-QLD and Telstra and managed the mobile inventory and repairs.
- Administered RFDS corporate travel and related financial and reconciliation information across the branch.
- Processed invoices for travel expenses, mobile phone expenses and other miscellaneous expenses on a monthly basis and entered the invoices into the Finance One system.
City of Norcross Police Department
Jun 2007 – Aug 2011
Norcross, GA, USA
- Operated autonomously as a self-initiated patrol officer, enforcing traffic laws, and responding to dispatched calls that ranged from assisting citizens to high-stress crimes in progress.
- Composed detailed quality reports of incidents and testified to those events in open court.
- Responded to high risk calls and served high risk warrants as a member of the special weapons and tactics (S.W.A.T.) team.
- Worked successfully in a high-stress team environment and provided leadership to new recruits.
- Attended more than 733 hours of job-specific training including trainings on diversity, ethics and integrity.
- Employee of the Month in both 2008 and 2009.
- Received a merit from Mothers Against Drunk Driving (M.A.D.D.) for driving under the influence (DUI) prevention in 2009 and 2010, as well as having had the most DUI arrests in the department in 2009.